WUB Textile Club
From the inception of the Textile |Engineering Department, the students have been performing various extracurricular activities to explore their latent talent. And for this, the WUB Textile club started its journey from Jun 2010, when the age of department was only one year. From the very beginning, the WUB Textile club has been proving itself as a platform for all the students of the department to express their thoughts, feelings, leadership and concealed talent. Students in the department always organize different types of extracurricular and co-curricular activities under this club.
The vision of the WUB textile Club is to prepare the students to become future leaders in different disciplines of the society by promoting student’s passion for knowledge, social, sports and other scientific and artistic interests.
Our mission is to identify and nurture the hidden potential of each student by constantly exploring the ever-changing dynamics and develop a scope for creative thinking to enhance their capabilities and bolster the creative potential for the benefit of their future careers.
- To organize different types of cultural and sports events.
- To make seminars and lectures related to voluntary work.
- To engage in practical learning and equip students with required experience.
- To encourage interest and knowledge about various social activities.
- To provide a constructive platform which enhances learning opportunities to make leaders.
- To create a network of students sharing common interests for the betterment of their future life.
- To involve in the social welfare activities for the marginalized people
- Enhance skills and to accentuate the understanding and learning graph of the students.
- To allow the students to express themselves while enlightening their peers.
- To provide a comforting vent for students who are inclined to share their imaginations and talents.
- To reach out to the other institutes of the university through various activities and widen their spectrum.
- To sharpen the leadership and communicative capabilities of the students through building rapport among them
1. The Officers of the Club will consist of a President, a Vice President, a Secretary, and a Treasurer who shall constitute the Executive Board of the Club.
2. Additional Officer Positions may be created and officers appointed by the Executive Board. The Executive Board may include these appointed members as part of the Organization’s governing body if a description of their responsibilities and authority are included in the Organization’s Constitution.
3. The Club is required to have a full-time faculty or staff member as their advisor. The advisor shall serve as an ex-officio member of the Organization. Ex-officio members shall serve only in a non-voting capacity.
4. The President of the Club may not hold a similar position in another Organization registered with the Office of Student Activities.
5. The President, Vice President, Secretary and Treasurer of the Organization shall be elected by simple majority vote by the Members present during the election meeting. These Officers may not be appointed.
6. The President shall call all meetings of the Membership, regular or otherwise, and shall serve as the chairperson of such meetings. In addition, the President shall, with the advice of the Executive Committee, plan and coordinate the events to be sponsored by the Organization in forthcoming terms; with the Treasurer, if applicable prepare and present an annual budget request to the appropriate funding source.
7. The Vice President, in the absence of the President, or should the President prove unable or unwilling to perform the duties described above, shall assume the responsibilities of the President.
8. The Treasurer shall be responsible for maintaining accurate financial records of the Organization and shall be allowed to request payment on behalf of the Organization. The Treasurer, with the
President, shall prepare and present any budget requests to the appropriate funding source. The other members will ensure that all funds are properly kept within the University accounting system. Outside bank accounts are not permitted.
9. The Secretary shall be responsible for recording accurate minutes of any Meeting, regular or otherwise, of the Membership or the Executive Committee. The Secretary shall be responsible for the writing and distribution of a newsletter or other notice to the Membership informing them of any Meeting or another gathering of the Club, and furthermore shall at all times maintain an accurate and complete list of the Membership of the Organization.
11. The advisor to the Organization must be a full-time faculty member of the World University of Bangladesh. The Club Advisor shall serve as a non-voting member of the Executive Committee and shall provide guidance and administrative assistance in the preparation of a program of events to be pursued by the Organization in a forthcoming academic year.
12. The Executive Board shall propose a program of events or publication to be sponsored by the Club in forthcoming all and spring and summer semesters. Proposed programs shall be presented to the Membership for their approval at a General Meeting of the Members of the Organization. The Executive Board shall encourage Members to recommend programs or publication to be sponsored by the Organization. When appropriate, the Executive Committee shall appoint Members to serve as committee chairs to oversee the various tasks related to the program or publication and to solicit the involvement of other Members of the Club.
13. Any member of the Club may be removed from such office by the remaining two-thirds (2/3) affirmative vote of the Members.
14. The members have the rights to change the policy whenever it is needed by a two-thirds (2/3) affirmative vote of the Members.